Tuesday, March 15, 2011

apologies.

i am so sorry that i have been ignoring my blog!  these past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activities and my hope of lounging around on my spring break were squashed by recent decisions. 

we are ready for a change in the campbell house.  although now that i think about it we experience change all the time.  but this is a big change.  as some of you know, we have made two major decisions recently:

1) i am going to stay at home with the munchkin next year and not go back to work. 
2) we are going to sell our house (Lord willing) and find a smaller place. 

the above statements scare me.  and they excite me.

and as a result of these decisions, as we decided to repaint the inside of our house.  we also started to pack up a bunch of things that we don't need around and take it all to storage.  it has been a cleansing process.  i am one of those wierd people who LOVE organization.  and as much as it is stressful at times, i also love the organizational process of cleaning and purging unnecessary crap that has crept into my life and house.  i have cleaned out so much stuff!

before cole was born, we cleaned out a lot of closets and boxes and cabinets but towards the end, when i weighed 500 lbs and could hardly waddle around the house anymore, i got tired of organizing and the last things that i was supposed to clean out just got thrown into a closet.  plus we had to bring a lot of the things that were at our lake house back to waco with us when we sold it around that some time.  so my house has not been as organized as i have liked and it has bothered me every day.  i hate excess stuff! 

but now it is starting to look a lot better and i feel better.  here are a couple of things we have found:
- 2 picnic baskets given to us as wedding presents.  both have never been used.  i am sorry if you are reading this and you gave us one of the said picnic baskets.  we are keeping one and gave one to brenner's cousin who just got married.  we have also decided to have a picnic on sunday after church :)
- 11 bottles of shampoo.  i think we are set for the next 3 years.
- records that i had bought at some flea market.  real records.  elvis. the beatles. paula abdul. breakfast at tiffany's soundtrack. i have no idea what i will do with these but i feel like i should keep them.
- a lifejacket hanging behind my sweaters.  it has been missing for approximately 4-5 years.  this might be a sign that i have too many sweaters.
- a metal detector.  ??????

some of the things we have cleaned out:
- i have given away 22 pairs of shoes.  i wish that i could say that my shoe collections now looks significantly smaller but to be honest, you really can't tell that any are gone. that is sad.  pathetic.  but i suddenly feel like shoe shopping.
- 2 computers. neither have worked for over 5 years.
- TONS of cds.  about 50-60.  were any of you also victim to the cd clubs of years past?  the ones where you bought 25 cds for 1 cent?  well, i appeared to have fallen victim several times and why in my crazy, hormone-filled teenage years i  bought some of the cds that i found i will never know.  they are too embarrassing.  i cannot share what i found.  but i will say they were an embarrassment to the music industry.  one word: britney.  oh the shame.

i will keep you all posted on our house.  and any more fun things that i find. 

and what would a post be without a picture of my little guy.  here he is playing with a wrapping paper tube that i found under the sofa in his room.

2 comments:

  1. "I cannot share what I found"

    hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep me laughing!!! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Okay, so I stink as a friend for not calling you back. If I would, I probably would not be surprised when I read your blog and it says you are going to sell your house or when you say you are staying home next year! You will LOVE every second of it! Well, maybe not EVERY second! But it is the sweetest time that you can never get back! I am so happy for you to get the opportunity to do that with Cole! Know that you guys are loved and missed!

    ReplyDelete