Saturday, March 23, 2013

race day.

this morning i ran the bearathon 1/2 marathon put on by baylor.  it is the toughest 1/2 marathon in texas because of all the hills and it lives up to its reputation.  
brenner and the kids made it to the end to watch me cross the finish line and cole actually ran out to me right before i crossed and i carried him across the finish line.  
it was a good idea until i had to pick him up, 32 pounds never felt so heavy!
our fabulous babysitter and friend, aaryka, ran her first 5k today too.  we didn't get to see her cross the finish line but we are so proud of her!  i am going to try to convince her to work up to a 1/2 marathon next.  we need more runners in the world!!
i ran the first half of the race with my bible study leader, jennifer.  it is always fun to run with someone, especially on a tough race!
aaryka posing with the kids.
notice elise in front chewing on a paper cup trying to suck out what is left of my chocolate milk. 
once again, cole pulls out an adorable face.   
lovely. 


1 comment:

  1. I feel like 2013 could be a good year to try my hand at a marathon. We should do one together!

    ReplyDelete