Monday, April 21, 2014

Our normal days.

Most days here, I am home with the kids.  
They are not going to any preschool or mothers day out program and other than going to Bible studies on Wednesdays and Thursdays, they are with me.  
We fill our days with all the usuals, errands, cleaning, cooking, eating, playing and what not, and we usually have a pretty good time doing it all.  

I've think I have mentioned before how much I adore motherhood.  
Not only do I believe that it is one of the greatest blessing that God gives us women, I also believe that this is what God called me specifically to do. 


I love to be with these three all day and try to impact their lives daily for the better by being fun, encouraging, loving, present and a good role model.  


I love the discussions that we have (although I could do with a little less "why" questions from a certain 4 year old) and the songs that we sing.  
And while it is annoying sometimes when they want me by their side for every little thing, 
I know that my presence is important and I love it. 


I love that we have so many days to play around without real agendas.  The days will be filled in the future with music and sports practices, school work and different friends but we love that those things don't have to take over this young.  We are in no rush to squeeze out our family time.  


I want them to remember that mom let them get dirty.   
I want them to remember that mom took time to cook their meals and also took time to sit and eat it with them.
I want to remember the afternoons when everyone wanted to play with me so badly we had to set a timer to rotate "mom time".
I want to remember that they loved to dress up and read. :)


Like every family, we fight and cry and yell and forgive.  We laugh and love and hug and kiss. 
Our normal days are filled with the ups and downs and we are so weary at the end of the day.



But no day is really normal.
Because each day is full of teachable moments.  
Each day is full of funny phrases or new words or silly songs.
Each day is full of new adventures through their eyes and a new chance to make a good choice.




And even through the tiredness and crazy moments, 
I love that my days are filled with these three.  





No comments:

Post a Comment