Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Twins turn 3!

My babies are 3!
These two little ones celebrated their birthday today and I don't think I will ever celebrate one of my kids' birthdays where I am not overwhelmed with emotion.  
These two have been such a challenge in so many ways over the last three years and yet they bring so much joy into our lives. 
 I am humbled that God would choose me to be their mom, that he thinks that I can do the best job of rearing them.  It is not an accident that our children are placed in our hands.  God puts each child purposefully into a family.  He thinks that Brenner and I are the best suited parents for Cole, Clara and Elise.  They will teach us and help us learn the hard lessons we need and we will do the same for them.  They will challenge us through them and we will hopefully grow closer to Him as we seek to parent best.  
These two light up our lives, and yet they push me to think deeper about parenting and rely on God for wisdom and strength on hard days.  
They are silly, tenderhearted, loving, and passionate.  I love that they are so similar and so different at the same time.  It is hard to believe that I have only known them for three years because they are pieces of my heart and feel like they have been there forever. 

I love these girls fiercely with my whole heart and look forward to what the year of 3 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment