Thursday, August 12, 2010

jelly.

remember those sandplums i told you about?  the ones that i picked in oklahoma?  well, i finally turned those into some jelly.  my aunt came over and taught me how to make jelly and before long, i was a jelly makin' fool.  i have made 30 jars so far and i have one batch left to make which will give me another 5 or 6 jars.  it is really fun and despite the fact that i burned my finger and spilled one jar of jelly all over the stove causing us to replace those little round things under the burners, i did pretty well.  i surprised myself and am  proud of my work!  here is a picture of the first 17 jars.  i meant to get a picture of all of them before i started giving them away but i forgot.  
look at this yummy goodness. the one in the front is obviously the one that tested for taste....numerous times....okay i ate like 10 spoonfuls. delish!

1 comment: