Thursday, March 15, 2012

one month. and what i have learned.

has it really been one month already?  
i am trying to make it through each day with my head on straight while at the same time, cherish this sweet time with my babies.  
here are some things that i have learned since becoming a mother of 3.  

2 out of 3 clean children are not bad.  actually, one clean child is great.  
let's be honest, i can live with dirty children.
don't judge me.

nursing twins means i am hungry all. the. time.  
a new snack schedule has emerged that includes midnight and 4 am.  cereal is being consumed by the pound.  so are chocolate chips.  and chocolate chip cookies.  
seriously, people.  bring me your baked goods.  

someone is going to cry.  
i cannot meet everyone's needs at the same time. 
most of the time, i am wiping someone or something.
lovely.

patience is something that must be practiced in order to get better at it.  and while we are far from perfect,  God is showing me the value of patience with my children.  ok, toddler.
it takes us approximately 45 minutes to leave the house.  
we will never be on time anywhere again.

going to the grocery store by yourself, which i did today, is now a thrill.
and probably will be for a long time.  
so sad, yet so true.

there is nothing in the world like baby snuggles.
and times two really is twice as sweet.
most of the time. 
happy one month, my angels.  

(maybe next time clara beth will cooperate)




2 comments:

  1. so fun to find your blog, steph! and you are my hero as you serve your three littles so well by God's grace. i'm chuckling to myself as I echo some of your reflections as you transition to a family with more than one kiddo-- especially about not being able to meet everyone's needs, and how that is good for me to rely on God all the more! praying for extra strength and also rest for y'all in the days ahead--I've found the 2nd month to be the hardest b/c the newness wears off but sleep deprivation still very real. He is sufficient, though, right?! much love from the Sawyers in the East :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing style reminds me of this blog. I love it! http://pattonperpendere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete