Thursday, December 19, 2013

giving thanks.


i love thanksgiving.  
i love that there is a day dedicated to being thankful for what we have been given.  it reminds me how often i am unthankful and selfish and small minded about my life.  
i have read, and am currently re-reading, One Thousand Gifts, and it is seriously a good book that has made me refocus on what is really important, what life it truly about.  
i have tried to become more purposeful in my life's focus and what that focus is teaching and showing my children and my husband.  
Luke 22:19 says that Jesus gave thanks the night that he was arrested.  he was about to die the most terrible death for all mankind and he GAVE THANKS.  i have been given so much to be thankful for.  more than i ever dreamed, more than i deserve.  i decided for this thanksgiving and leading up to christmas, and truly everyday, to thank my Savior.  to thank him for this amazing life that he has given me and to ask for daily reminders to stay focused on having a grateful heart.  
i want my heart and my life to reflect one of love, grace, and thanks and not one of self centered choices, competing to be like the world and choosing my desires over God's.  
let's make each day a day to remember from whom all of our blessing flow.  
and give thanks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment