Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oh how we love the beach.

When we found out that we were going to be moving to California I instantly got excited about being closer to the beach.  
I love the beach.
I love the sand, the stillness, the movement of the waves, walking on the edge of the water....just everything.  
I really love laying on the beach reading for hours like I did with my sis on a couple trips years ago but my beach days don't look like that anymore. 
These days, my beach days involve shovels, buckets, sticks, buried treasure and sandcastles. 
And I love it.

I also thought that the beach was always warm.
But that is not true.  The beach in Northern California is usually a little chilly and I really actually like it!  The kids mostly stay in the sand and build, dig, run and play.  
We stopped at Fort Bragg on our way to the Redwoods because we all wanted to go back to the coast one more time this summer.  
Fort Bragg is famous for their glass beaches, several beaches made up of sea glass. 
We had to scale and descend a few small cliffs (all 5 of us plus Jake) because we apparently took the scenic route.  The beaches were really cool and the kids loved picking out their favorite colors and digging through "real treasure".


And then we played in the sand.  
For hours.
And this boy, he melts my heart.  All he talked about for a week before we got to the beach was digging for treasure, burying treasure, digging the deepest holes....he even woke up the first night we were there at 2 am worried that we had forgot his gold coin to bury.  
(Brenner thought that was less cute than I did. )

And he really did dig a crazy deep hole, bury a coin, dig it up and then repeat until all his coins were lost.  
Jake kind of likes the beach too. 


I'm excited that our next beach trip will be in Hawaii at Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment