Saturday, May 2, 2015

Life lately

Here are a few photos from life recently...
Elise....this feisty girl loves to swing, loves sneakers paired with dresses and loves to be outside with mama.  This picture represents her well!
Bike races in the driveway.  Every day.  
Polaris Ranger rides around our property were Brenner's thing with the kids.  Many days after work, while I was fixing dinner, they would ride down to our pond, check out the frogs and geese with Jake racing them the whole way.  Well, I have taken over this job; the kids keep telling me I go slower than Daddy but they think I'm doing ok :)
It is starting to feel like summer so naturally we busted out the kiddie pool.
Posing and taking pictures of each other.  Cutest. Thing.  Ever.
Cole reading to the girls.
Our friends invited us to go riding on their horses and the kids loved it.  They loved it so much that they have been consistently praying for the horses as their "friends" when I ask them to choose a friend to pray for each day.  


Dinner with sweet friends.  These two mean a lot to me, they mean more to me each time I hang out with them.  They are reminders to me of God's goodness!  When we decided to join active duty Air Force, we immediately began to pray for friendships for me and the kids as one of our specific prayers.  I was leaving some incredible friendships in Texas and knew that it would be really hard.  God has answered my prayers for close friends more than I can believe.  Four hour dinners are not long enough with Jen and Katie. 
Sometimes my kids don't want to eat their food at meal time.  Sometimes mealtime is a battle.  Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone else go to drastic measures to get their kids to eat?  Sometimes bunny makes an appearance and shoots the kids if they don't eat.  If they eat what they are supposed to, they get to shoot bunny.  Anything to motivate them without discouraging me, and laughter is usually the best thing.

Eggs, eggs, and eggs.  Our chickens are at their prime laying time and we are loving it!  And how do you like my fancy egg collecting system?
My little military man...and a vintage Army belt for the win.
Early morning Bible study is often crashed by my Clara.  Coffee, God's word and Clara Beth on the front porch might be the perfect way to start a day.
Life here is good.  It keeps going with Brenner gone and that keeps us sane but makes it hard too.   But my God is so good.  So, so good, and all these good moments, plus the thousands I can't keep up with fill my heart daily.

1 comment:

  1. Such fun glimpses of your days. I especially liked the ones of the girls taking photos of each other and Cole reading to them. It's been fun to watch their sibling relationships develop this past year. We were commenting on how cute it is to watch the development.

    ReplyDelete