Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Break

The year for Christmas this year we went to Virginia to be with my family.
And truly, just as exciting as celebrating Christmas was meeting my new nephew Isaac!
I traveled by myself with the kids since Brenner had to work and he met us up there for a week of our 2 week visit.
And of course, I am missing some pictures and didn't take others that I wanted to but here is a glimpse into our trip.
Occupying little ones on two delayed flights across 3,000 miles is not easy, but they did great.
Isaac!!!
The girls could NOT get enough of baby Isaac.  TOo bad they usually lost their fight to hold him to me...auntie priviledges rule.
Brenner got to fly the plane for the first time in a year and we even had a flying date over the Shenandoah Mountains. 


Little Bit hamming it up.
We went to the park almost every day and usually talked everyone in to going with us.  

One afternoon Brenner and I took the kids to the Natural History Museum downtown which was awesome.  The highlight was in the bug section where they were letting people hold live, LARGE bugs.  Elise was particularly fond of the giant cockroach.  I almost threw up watching her.  If you know me, you know my hatred for cockroaches go way back and my animal and bug loving girls adore them.  ???
Reading with Poppy.
A highlight for me is always seeing some friends, although never everyone I want!
This year, one of my besties Rene from Texas was in the DC area at the same time we were and it was SO FUN to see her and her family.  We met downtown to visit the National Christmas tree and Obama.



Some great friends from highschool (photo by Cole!)
Isaac loves me!
Poppy is in control on date night...or maybe Mickey Mouse is :)
Cole spent the night with Adam and Jenna!
The Man Hunting Trip with my cousin Tim.  They went hunting for the day in West Virginia and brought home over a dozen birds to deep fry....on the front lawn.  Bringing the classy to McLean.
The last minute awesome Christmas tree!
Wearing new Christmas jammies.
Group selfie with my sister and her family.  
It was a great trip, as always, and we are looking forward to going back this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment