Sunday, January 25, 2015

Things that I don't want to forget...

In the business of life, the comings and goings of our day to day, it is so easy for me to forget the things that I didn't think I ever would.  
I hate the fact that I will not remember each moment I have with these kiddos. 
I don't want to forget the little things that bring me big joys each day...

like the girls' love for their babies and the way they sway back and forth and rock their hips while singing their babies to sleep....
Like Cole and Elise dancing around my room pretending to be husband and wife....
like Clara Beth keeping chapstick in her pocket ALL the time and when she doesn't have a pocket, using her underwear as a storage facility....
like Cole making forts, rocket ships, boats, air craft carriers, and army base camps out of our sofa cushions every single day......

like these three piling into the power wheels and driving around the house together laughing and laughing after making up from a fight....
like indoor trampolines in tutus and football jerseys....
like little girls wanting to be big girls and big helpers....
like them sleeping in baby positions and me forgetting that they are rapidly turning into little girls....
like big brothers wanting to carry little sisters into the store to be sure they don't get hit by a car....
there are so many things each day, so many phrases and laughs and moments that I cannot remember and cannot document....but I don't want to forget these sweet moments and pray I always take the time to pause and smile when they happen so I remember the joy that they bring me.  While I can't remember it all, I can remember the daily joy if I choose too!

No comments:

Post a Comment