Wednesday, July 22, 2015

101

A couple of weeks ago, we hit 101 days of deployment done and we decided to celebrate!  
I had been trying to think of something fun to do with them and I decided to get the movie 101 Dalmations for them to watch.  And since of course we needed movie snacks, we made necklaces with 101 fruit loops on them to munch during the movie.  It was all a hit!  They liked the movie a lot (we fast forwarded a couple of parts) and especially loved seeing all the puppies.  

I really think that it is important to celebrate the big and little milestones with kids in life.  I sometimes forget to celebrate things and I later regret missing an opportunity to do something fun.  While it is not my goal to be a "fun" mom, I want to make as many memories, take advantage of as many opportunities as I can with my own kids that my parents did with me.  And when you are going through something hard?  Even more so.  You better believe we are going to do some extra fun activities while Brenner is gone.  And trust me, we have.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment