Friday, July 24, 2015

Camp of the Woods

Camp of the Woods.  
A little piece of upstate New York that my family has visited since I was a kid.  It is a Christian family camp set on a lake outside a tiny town in the Adirondack Mountains and it is one of our absolute favorite places.  My parents took us and my sister's family and it was an amazing wekk as always.  The speakers were amazing, our week featuring a prominent pastor in Pennsylvania and Lysa Terkheurst, the national  best selling author and president of Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Most days we went to the beach to swim and kayak and drink milkshakes.  We built fires and ate smores.  We crafted, putt-putted, played sports, ran races, listened to music concerts, enjoyed the 50 degree morning temperatures, ate cinnamon rolls and coffee cake for snacks, heard Jesus speak to our hearts and relax with family.  Seriously.  Best place to be.  







(Lysa Terkheurst and I)












My parents and all the grandlittles. 

This is how we felt by the time we got home:

1 comment:

  1. I tried to pick a favorite photo, but they are just ALL my favorite! Hope we can join y'all next summer on the shores of Lake Pleasant!!! :D :D :D Missing you already here in Virginia...it was so, so good to see you and those precious kiddos while you were in town...still thinking of our crazy fun table at Clare & Dons! Hugs to all of you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete