Saturday, July 24, 2010

oklahoma.



we have arrived in oklahoma.  northwest oklahoma.  middle of nowhere oklahoma to be exact and I love it here!  this is where my grandparents and my dad grew up (I am related to ¼ of the town in some form or another!) and I spent every summer growing up out here. 

we have some houses on some of our land all together and we call it the compound (probably not the best thing to call it being from waco, a place famous for our compounds).  We will devise a better name.  anyway, we are here for a couple of weeks to work on getting our house in order, like installing appliances (goodbye hand-washing dishes and laundromat visits!) and setting up the rest of the furniture (for all those friends of ours clamoring to get up here and visit the metropolis of shattuck, ok). 

this is our house!

but like I said…I love it here!  some of my best childhood memories are from here with my family and my grandparents.  once you get use to the burrs, the millions of grasshoppers, the ticks, the 100+ degree heat, the crazy winds and the lack of internet other than at the public library (where I am right now) then the place grows on you.  i mean shattuck has a pizza hut AND a subway now….we are big time.  but the small town and a break from the craziness of our fast pace life is really nice.  so my blogs will be fewer as it is hard to get here!

1 comment:

  1. so what do you mean your house? the one you'll stay in when you are in ok? how often do ya'll plan on going? i think i recognize that house don't i? did it sit on I-35 for a long while? :)
    love it. go country girls :)
    ejwilliams

    ReplyDelete