Friday, December 17, 2010

the end of an era.

today is the last day of my twenties.  here is a little flash back to the beginning of my 20s.  


this was our engagement picture.  wow.  we look like kids.  who am i kidding.  we were kids!  unlike the mature people that you know and love today.  

anyway, tomorrow i turn 30.  i am not sad about it.  i haven't even thought about it too much.  but i would lie if i said that i was looking forward to it. while 30 is certainly not old, in my mind it has always been linked with responsibility and an acceptance that you are an adult.  but i have a child so shouldn't that have already hit me?  i just feel like in my 30s it will no longer be acceptable to wear a t-shirt and leggings in public.  i feel like it will be frowned upon to eat lucky charms and slurpees and keep a bag of sour patch kids in my night stand (you know that you do this too).  it's not that i feel old, it's just that i am not sure i want to change my ways that i think i am supposed to when i am in "my thirties".  i don't know.  we will see how it goes.  i will keep you posted....but don't judge me too harshly when you see me in my pi phi shirt tossing back some gummy bears.  

1 comment:

  1. none of the 'young-ish' things you enjoy are worthy of frowns. in fact, they are what make you you! and if anyone is shooting you frowns for presuming you're not taking your 30s seriously enough, i say, to heck and high water with 'em and give 'em das boot! (because stone-colding people is ALWAYS the mature thing to do after all...;) (and yes. you guys do look like babies here. but very cute babies.)

    ReplyDelete