Wednesday, December 8, 2010

nativity.

i got cole his own nativity scene this year.  i figured that it would be a good thing for him to learn the 'key players' in the christmas story.  cute right?
 i had to chuckle at the political correctness of the wise men.  
 here is baby jesus.  we have had lots of good conversation about baby jesus.  it started out with me teaching him about baby jesus, that he is laying in a manger and was born in a stable and is God's son and so on.  

however, the conversations have quickly turned to "don't throw baby jesus", "please don't eat baby jesus", "cole, please don't give baby jesus to jake", "please don't chunk baby jesus across the room" and...well, you get the point.  

so baby jesus is well loved and well played with around here.  cole is especially fond of him compared to the other figures which i think is cute (although the camel is a close second).
is it just me, or does it look like jesus is giving two thumbs up? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephie-
    I just stumbled across your blog and love seeing the updates on Cole and your life.
    Have a wonderful Christmas season!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it...we have the same one...and I don't know how many times a day I ask Bailey or Sadie, "Where is Jesus?"...
    However, though they have their nativity...they still play with the "breakable one"(my grandfather's actually)...and one poor wise man is headless(thankfully there are 2 more wise men...God obviously knew that one day there would be many a child playign with breakable wise men...lol)
    - Amanda C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of those too. It really helped my daughter understand the true meaning of Christmas of course we still get side tracked by yummy food and gifts...but I am so glad we have it!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get this again?? I know you found an amazing deal, I am wanting to look for one after Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete