Thursday, August 18, 2011

lay of the land.

one of my favorite things to do while we are up here on the ranch is to go for a walk.  our house is in a low land area and it is a mile up to the gate.  the road is kind of rough and is not fun to drive (especially when nauseous) but it is not bad to walk up.  i love walking these couple miles because not only is it slightly uphill which is good for the ole' gluteus maximus,  but it also gives you really pretty views of the land.  

(below are 3 of our family houses: ours is on the left, my brother's is in the middle 
and my parent's house is on the right. )


isn't it beautiful?  this morning i went out before 7 am and was able to watch the sun come over the horizon.  i guess one good thing about my lack of sleep lately is that i am awake early enough to take advantage of this time of day.  it is my absolute favorite time of day, before the rest of the work wakes up.   i will be sad to leave this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment